Job Vacancy- (VSO) Business Pursuit Manager
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty
VSO is seeking to recruit a Business Pursuit Manager
To provide business development leadership and coordination for identified VSO Country Offices (Ethiopia, Kenya and Rwanda); responsible for optimizing income generation and business development from a diverse range of donors in support of VSO’s programmes and regional operations
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Skills/Experience Required:
• Experience of developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets;
• Proven ability to research new funding opportunities and to make appropriate judgements about their potential to realise significant restricted income;
• Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income ;
• Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN Agencies – including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change;
• Experience of preparing compelling, high quality documentation (concept notes, presentations, proposals, budgets, reports, log frames, theories of change etc) for different donor and partner audiences ;
• Familiarity with M&E tools; theories of change, monitoring frameworks, and basic evaluation techniques;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills used in international settings – experience of leading and facilitating workshops and training ;
• Ability to be self-directed and take initiative within organisational mandates – strong administrative and
• Experience of establishing partnerships between organisations including teaming agreement and consortia bid development;
• Strong administrative and organizational skills: ability to be self-directed and take initiative
• Strong analytical and financial and skills;
• Educated to post-graduate degree level in international development-related discipline;
• IT skills including fluency in Microsoft Office suite and database usage;
• Experience of living and working internationally (4+ years required);
• Fluency in English (written and spoken). Portuguese, French or other language desirable;
• Ability to travel globally (estimated 30-50% travel required.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Location: Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya
Salary: KES 5,413,692 Gross per annum
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract length: 1 year with possibility of extension
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 5 Jun 2018
Interview date: Week starting on 18th June
Start date: 1st August 2018
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.