JOB OPPORTUNITY AT STRATHMORE UNIVERSITY
Job Title: Executive Director
Department: Strathmore University Foundation (SUF)
Reporting to: SUF Board of Directors
Basic job Summary: The Executive Director will provide leadership for the development, execution, administration, and management of all functions and matters relating to fund raising, their support services, and relations with relevant stakeholders to meet the fundraising needs of Strathmore University.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall leadership, administration and development of the Foundation
2. In consultation with all relevant stakeholders, provide leadership and direction for the design, development and implementation of the institutional fundraising and endowment strategies
3. Establish through consultation with the Vice Chancellor and DVC-PD, annual fund raising goals and objectives and develop and implement a plan for University fund raising with clear delineation of roles and responsibilities, quantifiable metrics, and targets for productivity
4. Establish and maintain productive relationships with the private and corporate business community. Steward donors and manage the donor recognition strategies and provide an annual report identifying all sources of contributions
5. Manage a personal portfolio of major and principal gift prospects, including responsibilities for personal cultivation, solicitation, closing of commitments, and stewardship, and involving internal and volunteer partners wherever appropriate
6. Work in collaboration with relevant Strathmore University (SU) communities to understand the programs and priorities across the University and facilitate the translation of those priorities into fundraising and engagement opportunities for the maximum benefit of SU
7. purposeful on- and off-campus engagement with key administrative, academic, faculty, and students, as well as through networking and participating in events and activities
8. Work collaboratively with the SU Marketing and Communications teams in the design, development, and implementation of a University- wide Strategic Marketing and Communications Plan to promote the SUF mission, image, events, and activities and to ensure a consistent message is delivered to students, staff, alumni, current and prospective donors, and other university stakeholders
9. Engage SU units to enhance the culture of fundraising and philanthropy
10. Ensure that policies and practices comply with all state laws, regulatory requirements, SU policy and donor instructions
Minimum Requirements: Core qualifications
• A master’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) qualification would be an added advantage
• A minimum of eight (8) years successful experience in leading and supervising at least one of the following functions: business development, campaign management, annual giving programs, corporate foundation relations, alumni relations, grants or scholarship soliciting and management; preferably in a higher education or not-for-profit environment.
• Record of effective and innovative leadership in fundraising programs development and strong fiscal management linking resource allocation to planning and priorities (including data-driven decision- making).
• Experience in planning, implementing, managing and concluding major fundraising campaigns.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the legal and ethical aspects of fundraising and obligations to donors and their intents as well as of proper alignment with University goals, priorities, and decisions.
• Wealth of contacts in local, international, non-profit, corporate, education and public and private sectors
• An in-depth knowledge of the current organizational and financial issues that face higher education in general, and especially those in Africa.
Competencies and Attributes
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to inspire
• Excellent Communication skills- oral and written
• Decision making skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Collaborative team player/excellent inter-personal skills
• The ability to prevent and/or solve problems with flexibility, timeliness and creativity
• Experience in setting and projecting clear and effective aims and objectives against which work can be planned
• Be of highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Executive Director” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.