Job vacancy Fundraising Specialist – August 7th Memorial Park
August 7th Memorial Park is a not for profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. The August 7th Memorial Park is owned and managed by the August 7th Memorial Trust, a local non-profit organization, constituted of a group of volunteer trustees. The Trust was set up in 1999 to take ownership of and hold in trust the land on which stood the former U.S. Embassy in Nairobi until the events of August 1998.
The Trustees main task is to hold the land in trust for this memorial purpose and for the benefit of the Kenyan Public. The Trustees are also mandated to establish, develop, maintain and manage for the use of the public, a Memorial Park on the said land in memory and honor of the victims of the 7th August 1998 terrorist bomb attack which took the lives of 218 innocent people and injured several thousand others, many permanently.
2. Fund Raising Consultant Job Description
Job Title: Fundraising Specialist
Type: 3 months with an option to extend for another 3 months
Reporting to: The Chairman, August 7th Memorial Park
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Consultancy Fees: Competitive TBC
Person Specifications: August 7th Memorial Park is seeking a Fund Raising Specialist to develop and execute a realistic and sustainable resource mobilization plan that will include national and county engagements, strengthening of partner relationships and leveraging of domestic resources, partners, corporate sector organizations and citizens for sustainable multiyear funding and technical support.
The Fund Raising Specialist will co-ordinate, strategize and manage delivery of August 7th Memorial Park’s fundraising, advocacy, PR and communication functions to increase existing income, develop new income streams and raise the profile of the Park.
The Specialist must be well versed in working in either a fundraising, sales or marketing environment. The Specialist will work independently but must have the commitment, passion, confidence, and emotional intelligence and relationship building skills. The specialist must drive the fund raising agenda of the Park and deliver on the Park’s strategic and communication goals.
3. Specific Terms of Reference
In close collaboration with the Park’s General Manager:
• Develop a fundraising strategy in line with the Park’s mission and raison d’etre.
• Review the existing fundraising plans and income streams and make recommendations on up scaling fund raising efforts
• Identify, map and execute new fund raising opportunities including effective proposal writing, building networks and relationships and engaging with various donors and partners to raise funds.
• Develop and execute creative fund raising activations including using social media, websites, pledge donations, campaigns and events.
• Provide monthly fundraising reports to the Park’s Chairman and General Manager
• Build a database of potential donors including corporates and High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs).
• Develop effective and compelling marketing and communication tools e.g. powerpoints in order to pitch to donors and partners.
• Ensuring donors and partners are kept informed of fund raising progress and targets.
Retainer to be discussed. Application: CV and cover letter to The Chairman of the August 7th Memorial Park Email: email@example.com